Instructors can adjust the grade weight of questions in lessons in two different ways:
- Grading on the Gradebook Dashboard gives you an overview of the questions in the lesson. This method is faster but provides less detail into the content of the questions
- Grading in the Lessons Page allows you to review the content of the questions to make individual adjustments to grade weights. This method takes more time but gives the instructor more detail of questions.
Follow the first few steps to get started, and then decide which method you would like to use. You are not limited to one or the other, so feel free to experiment and discover the method that works best for you!
1. Navigate to the Gradebook page.
2. Scroll down the page to show the list of lessons in the course.
Each lesson has a dropdown selection and displays the total amount of points each lesson is worth.
3. Select a lesson's name or dropdown arrow.
Each question or data table for that lesson will be listed with their individual point values.
1. Select inside the number box to change it.
2. The value can be changed by the up/down arrows or by deleting and typing in a new value.
This new value will be reflected in the lesson's total point value.
3. Repeat as needed for whatever questions you need to adjust.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the lesson list and select "Save."
1. Select any of the items that can be graded to be taken to the Gradebook Lessons Page.
2. In the Gradebook Lessons, select the section of questions you would like to adjust.
Some lessons may only have one selection available.
3. Scroll down to find any question you would like to adjust.
4. Select "Edit" to the right of the question.
5. Change the value using the up/down arrow keys or by deleting the value and entering a new one.
6. Select "Save."
Changing the grade weight of questions that students have already submitted and had graded will not affect the percentage of the grade. SI Cloud adjusts the students' earned points accordingly to account for the new weight.