Use this feature to add information or instructions to existing Science Interactive content. This tool can only add content. SI content cannot be removed from lessons.
- Add text, images, and videos to Exploration content pages.
- Add text, images, and videos to Experimentation Exercise pages.
Please be advised that any added notes intending to change our procedures, and potentially present a safety hazard for students, will result in liability passing to the institution that added such notes.
4. Mouse over a break in sections of content to reveal a blue line with a speech bubble on the left.
- Text: Select the text tool. A comment box will appear. Select inside the comment box to add content. A tool bar appears to format the text, along with the usual editing features. Links and equations can be added.
- Image: Select the image tool. Browse to the image file or drag and drop the image into the image panel. Use the horizontal sliding bar to adjust the size of the image. Add an image caption if desired. Add ALT text (to maintain ADA compliance) and a copyright if necessary. Supported file types: png, gif, jpg/jpeg. Do not add figure numbers, as these numbers will not be adjusted in the text and will conflict with SI's figure numbering.
- Video: Select the video tool. Browse to the video file. Video must be in mp4 format. Browse to the closed captioning file (.vtt). Add a title, description, and copyright information.
All videos must have a descriptive text transcript accessed through a hyperlink and have closed captioning enabled to maintain ADA compliance. The verbiage for a descriptive text transcript is as follows: If needed, a descriptive text transcript is available. (hyperlink the words “descriptive text transcript” to the file). This hyperlink needs to appear above the video within a text box. See the screenshot below.