If students are accessing their course through their LMS and selecting a lesson link returns them to the lesson list instead of opening the lesson, there are two possible reasons:
- The student has not completed the course prerequisite lessons.
- The lesson hook has been set up incorrectly.
If the student has not completed their prerequisites (usually "Getting Started" and "Lab Safety"), have them complete those first.
Follow the steps below to make sure that your lesson hook is set up correctly.
2. At the bottom of the Course Settings page, scroll to the bottom and select "Show LTI Credentials".
The lesson hook is the entire string of text in the gray box.
Leave this browser window open or copy the lesson hook into a text application like Notepad or Word so you can access it for following steps.
Select your LMS below to see specific instructions to find the lesson hook.
- Canvas: Check that the Lesson Hook is in the App you created to link SI Cloud and your Canvas Course in the Custom Fields section. Double check that the Lesson App is linked to the Assignment you created.
- Blackboard: Check that the lesson "Web Link" has the Lesson Hook in the Custom Parameters section in the Web link setup.
- D2L/Brightspace: Check that the Lesson Hook is added to the Custom Parameters appropriately. Double check that you have added the Lesson hooks to the Assignments correctly.
- Moodle: Check that the Lesson Hook is in the Custom Parameters section in the External Tool setup.