We are excited to partner with you in providing students with a best-in-class online science course and distance laboratory experience. We've created this simple checklist to help you get started and to walk you through the LTI set up process.
1. Access the SI Cloud and review your course
Once your distance learning specialist has set up your course, you'll be able to dig into the content and make sure everything is as you like it.
Your distance learning specialist will let you know as soon as your account is set up and ready for access. Once they do, you can sign in here: http://myhol.holscience.com
(We recommend bookmarking that link for easy access)
Our robust curriculum comes completely ready to ensure student success, but if you want to add your own voice to the content, feel free to use any of the SI Cloud's great customization tools:
2. Set up your LTI connections
Before you integrate, we suggest you check out Course Hook vs. Master Hook: Which is Best? to help determine the appropriate course and lesson hooks to use to set up your course in Canvas.
Follow the links below to see detailed instructions for each step.
Locate your LTI credentials in Cloud
- You'll use these to connect your LMS course to your Cloud course.
Create an app in Canvas for the SI Course
- "Apps" are a feature in canvas that allow you to connect the SI Cloud to your institution's Canvas platform. This article will show you how to create one for the master course hook.
Creating Apps in Canvas for each lesson
- This step will show you how to create additional apps for each lesson in your SI Cloud course.
Connect the course app in your modules
- This step will connect your Canvas course to your SI Cloud course so that students can enroll.
Connect the lesson apps in your modules
- This step will connect your Canvas course to your SI Cloud course so that grades can transfer.
Copy additional sections (Optional)
- Complete this step if your institution will have multiple sections of this course.
3. Share access information & ordering instructions with your students
How and where you distribute this information is completely up to you, but the dropdowns below provide details and helpful articles for your students.
Provide your students with the appropriate instruction link below to help them purchase their kits and/or access course content:
|If your students will order their kits...
|Provide them with these instructions
|Directly from Science Interactive
How do I Order Through My LMS?
|Via vouchers purchased from your institution or bookstore
How Do I Redeem A Voucher?
|Directly from your bookstore/ institution
I Have My Kit, How Do I Access My Course?
- If your course is all-digital (meaning it has no physical kit), student content will unlock once students complete check out or redeem a voucher.
- If students purchase kits directly from us (or if they will use vouchers from your bookstore), course content will unlock once the order is placed.
- If students purchase physical kits from your bookstore, they will use a kit code to unlock the content.
4. Let the learning begin!
You should be all set for this new semester! If you need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to your distance learning specialist, who will be happy to provide you with resources and support.