We are excited to partner with you in providing students with a best-in-class online science course and distance laboratory experience. We've created this simple checklist to help you get started and to walk you through the LTI set up process.
1. Access the SI Cloud and review your course
Once your distance learning specialist has set up your course, you'll be able to dig into the content and make sure everything is as you like it.
Our robust curriculum comes completely ready to ensure student success, but if you want to add your own voice to the content, feel free to use any of the SI Cloud's great customization tools:
2. Set up your LTI connections
Before you integrate, we suggest you check out Course Hook vs. Master Hook: Which is Best? to learn about the different types of hooks available in SI Cloud.
For easiest set up, open two tabs or windows in your browser: one showing the LTI credentials in SI Cloud, and the other open to Blackboard.
Click the links below to view detailed instructions for each step.
Locate your LTI credentials in Cloud
- You'll use these to connect your LMS course to your Cloud course.
Have a Blackboard administrator register SI Cloud in the LMS
- Send the article linked above to your institution's Blackboard administrator so they can register the SI Cloud as a tool provider in Blackboard.
Set up your Course Web Link
- This step will connect your Blackboard course to your SI Cloud course so students are automatically enrolled in Cloud when they select a lesson link.
Set up your Lesson Web Links
- You will set up one lesson web link per lesson in your SI Cloud course, which will allow grades to transfer between Cloud and Blackboard.
Copy additional sections (Optional)
- Complete this step if your institution will have multiple sections of this course.
3. Share access information & ordering instructions with your students
How and where you distribute this information is completely up to you, but the dropdowns below provide details and helpful articles for your students.
Provide your students with the appropriate instruction link below to help them purchase their kits and/or access course content:
|If your students will order their kits...||Provide them with these instructions|
|Directly from Science Interactive||
How do I Order Through my LMS?
|Via vouchers purchased from your institution or bookstore||
How Do I Redeem A Voucher?
|Directly from your bookstore/ institution||
I Have My Kit, How Do I Access My Course?
- If your course is all-digital (meaning it has no physical kit), student content will unlock once students complete check out or redeem a voucher.
- If students purchase kits directly from us (or if they will use vouchers from your bookstore), course content will unlock once the order is placed.
- If students purchase physical kits from your bookstore, they will use a kit code to unlock the content.
4. Let the learning begin!
You should be all set for this new semester! If you need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to your distance learning specialist, who will be happy to provide you with resources and support.