We are excited to partner with you in providing students with a best-in-class online science course and distance laboratory experience. We've created this simple checklist to help you get started and to walk you through the LTI set up process.
1. Access the SI Cloud and review your course
Once your distance learning specialist has set up your course, you'll be able to dig into the content and make sure everything is as you like it.
Our robust curriculum comes completely ready to ensure student success, but if you want to add your own voice to the content, feel free to use any of the SI Cloud's great customization tools:
2. Set up your LTI connections
Before you integrate, we suggest you check out Course Hook vs. Master Hook: Which is Best? to help determine the appropriate course and lesson hooks to use to set up your course in D2L/Brightspace.
Follow the links below to see detailed instructions for each step.
Locate your LTI credentials in Cloud
- You'll use these to connect your LMS course to your Cloud course.
Add the Course Hook to your D2L/Brightspace course
- This step will connect your D2L/Brightspace course to your SI Cloud course so that students can enroll.
Add the Lesson Hooks to your D2L/Brightspace course
- This step will connect your D2L/Brightspace course to your SI Cloud course so that grades can transfer.
- (Optional) Copy your D2L/Brightspace course if your institution will have multiple sections of this course.
3. Share access information & ordering instructions with your students
How and where you distribute this information is completely up to you, but the dropdowns below provide details and helpful articles for your students.
Provide your students with the appropriate instruction link below to help them purchase their kits and/or access course content:
|If your students will order their kits...||Provide them with these instructions|
|Directly from Science Interactive||
How Do I Order Through my LMS?
|Via vouchers purchased from your institution or bookstore||
How Do I Redeem A Voucher?
|Directly from your bookstore/ institution||
I Have My Kit, How Do I Access My Course?
- If your course is all-digital (meaning it has no physical kit), student content will unlock once students complete check out or redeem a voucher.
- If students purchase kits directly from us (or if they will use vouchers from your bookstore), course content will unlock once the order is placed.
- If students purchase physical kits from your bookstore, they will use a kit code to unlock the content.
4. Let the learning begin!
You should be all set for this new semester! If you need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to your distance learning specialist, who will be happy to provide you with resources and support.