LTI 1.3 allows admins or instructors to copy your course in Cloud in just a few quick steps.
Follow the steps below to create a new copy of your course.
To successfully complete your course copying, Canvas needs course names to be unique. You can add a temporary suffix such as "01" that can be deleted later
This will take you to the Course Setup page in Cloud.
If you get an error instead of the Course Setup page, follow these steps:
- Modify the course's name in Canvas by adding a number to the end. (This can be removed once you are finished copying the course.)
- Click on the link again and continue to step 5 below.
- (Optional) Remove the number you added to the course name in step 1 here.
These fields will be autofilled, but may take a few seconds to populate. Once they have autofilled, you can make updates as needed.
You can delete the extra digits you added to the course name now.
If this is your first copy for a new semester, make sure to double-check the Course Session Name and both Open Dates.
- Enable LTI Grade Sync: (Recommended) Allows grades to transfer into your LMS automatically
- Enable Student Final Report Download: (Not Recommended) Allows students to download PDF exports of their answers after submitting each lesson.
- Maintain Instructor Notes: (Recommended) Preserves custom instructor notes between the original Cloud section and the new Cloud section.
- Maintain Gradebook Weights: (Recommended) Preserves custom grade weights between the original Cloud section and the new Cloud section.