We are excited to partner with you in providing students with a best-in-class online science course and distance laboratory experience. We've created this simple checklist to help you get started and to walk you through the LTI set up process.
Once your distance learning specialist has set up your course, you'll be able to dig into the content and make sure everything is as you like it.
Your distance learning specialist will let you know as soon as your account is set up and ready for access. Once they do, you can sign in here: http://myhol.holscience.com
(We recommend bookmarking that link for easy access)
Our robust curriculum comes completely ready to ensure student success, but if you want to add your own voice to the content, feel free to use any of the SI Cloud's great customization tools:
Before you integrate, we suggest you check out Course Hook vs. Master Hook: Which is Best? to help determine the appropriate course and lesson hooks to use to set up your course in Moodle.
Follow the links below to see detailed instructions for each step.
Locate your LTI credentials in Cloud
- You'll use these to connect your LMS course to your Cloud course.
Configure an external tool (Optional Admin instructions)
- You can send the article linked above to your institution's Moodle administrator so they can add the SI Cloud as a tool in Moodle.
Add the External tool to your Moodle course
- This step will connect your Moodle course to your SI Cloud course so that grades can transfer and students can enroll.
- (Optional) Copy your Moodle course if your institution will have multiple sections of this course.
How and where you distribute this information is completely up to you, but the dropdowns below provide details and helpful articles for your students.
Provide your students with the appropriate instruction link below to help them purchase their kits and/or access course content:
|If your students will order their kits...||Provide them with these instructions|
|Directly from Science Interactive||
How Do I Order Through the SI Cloud?
|Via vouchers purchased from your institution or bookstore||
How Do I Redeem A Voucher?
|Directly from your bookstore/ institution||
I Have My Kit, How Do I Access My Course?
- If your course is all-digital (meaning it has no physical kit), student content will unlock once students complete check out or redeem a voucher.
- If students purchase kits directly from us (or if they will use vouchers from your bookstore), course content will unlock once the order is placed.
- If students purchase physical kits from your bookstore, they will use a kit code to unlock the content.