Blackboard Ultra instructors can integrate the Science Interactive platform with a Blackboard Ultra course using LTI credentials from SI Cloud.
In SI Cloud, you will use course and lesson hooks to set up your web links. You will need to set one Web Link for each Course/Lesson Hook.
1. Select "+" under the content section of your Blackboard Ultra course, then select "+Create" in the list that appears
2. Select "Teaching tools with LTI connection"
3. Fill in the Name field
Note: This hook will be hidden from students, but we recommend naming it "Science Interactive Course Hook" for your reference later.
4. Verify that this link is "Hidden from Students"
We hide this link from students because they access SI Cloud through individual lesson links (which ensures grades transfer successfully to Blackboard Ultra).
5. Fill in the "Configuration URL" field with the Tool Provider URL from SI Cloud
This URL can also be found in SI Cloud under "Tool Provider URL" in the LTI Credentials section.
6. Fill in the "Key" and "Security Token" fields
- Copy the "Tool Provider Key" field in Cloud, then paste it into the "Key" field in Blackboard Ultra.
- Copy the "Tool Provider Secret" field in Cloud, then paste it into the "Security Token" field in Blackboard Ultra.
See How to find the LTI Credentials for your course for help.
If these inputs do not show up in Blackboard Ultra or are not fillable, please send your Blackboard Administrator this article: Register SI Cloud as an LTI tool provider in Blackboard (Admin instructions).
7. Select "Add Custom Parameters" in the "Custom Parameters" field
8. Copy the Master Course Hook from SI Cloud and paste it into the "Custom Parameters" field in Blackboard Ultra
9. Select the Checkbox next to "Open in new window"
You do not need to select "Create gradebook entry for this item," as students will not be using or submitting lessons through this link.