1. Fill in the name of the course.
- Using your institution's naming conventions is recommended.
2. Fill in the Course Session Name with the term the course will be active.
- For example, Spring 2021 or October 2021, depending on your institution's guides and course offering.
3. Select the correct instructor for the course section.
- Type the instructor's name and when the dropdown appears select the instructor's name from the list.
- If you are unable to find the correct instructor on the dropdown list, double check that the instructor has been added to the SI Cloud with instructor permissions. If you are unsure, please contact your Science Interactive Account Manager.
4. Choose your settings for this section.
- The Enable LTI Grade sync function ensures that lesson links are able to pass grades back to the LMS Grade book. Check out How does grade pass-back and auto-grading work? for more specific details.
- The Enable Student Final Report Download function gives students the ability to download a PDF of all of their work for each lesson. Disabling the PDF function helps prevent piracy and academic dishonesty.
- Maintain Instructor Notes will copy over any notes the instructor has added in previous SI Cloud sections of this course.
- Maintain Gradebook Weights will maintain any grade weight changes the instructor made in previous SI Cloud sections of this course.
5. Fill in the section open and close dates.
- For the Start Date, always select today's date. This will ensure you have access to the course to begin setup and complete integration.
- For the End Date, select a date that allows for any make up work to be completed or grading to be finished. The selected date is exclusive, meaning that students will not be able to complete work on the end date in their time zone. One month past the actual semester end date is our recommendation.
For example, if a course's close date is May 14, students will be able to complete course work until 11:59 p.m. on May 13 in their own time zone.
6. Fill in the actual class start date.
7. Select the "Complete Setup" button.
If you experience any issues, contact your LMS Admin or your Science Interactive Account Manager.