Blackboard instructors can integrate the Science Interactive Platform using LTI credentials from SI Cloud. If you need help locating the LTI credentials, please see How to find the LTI Credentials for your course. Follow these instructions if your LMS/Course Administrator has not set up the web links in Blackboard.
In SI Cloud, you will use course and lesson hooks to set up your web links. You will need to set one Web Link for each Course/Lesson Hook.
Sometimes, a checkbox in Blackboard's settings isn't correctly activated. This must be checked before you can add content to your Blackboard course.
1. In your Course Management panel, select the "Customization" dropdown
2. Select "Tool Availability"
3. In the tool list, scroll to the "LTI" entry and ensure that the checkbox next to it is checked
If the checkbox is already checked, you do not need to make any changes.
1. Select "Content" on the left side of the Blackboard menu
2. Select "Build Content" then select "Web Link"
3. Fill in the Name and URL fields.
Name: This hook will be hidden from students, but we recommend naming it "Science Interactive Course Hook"
The URL can also be found in SI Cloud under "Tool Provider URL" in the LTI Credentials.
4. Select the check box next to "This link is to a Tool Provider."
5. Fill in the Key and Secret from SI Cloud.
You can find the key and secret in SI Cloud (see How to find the LTI Credentials for your course for help).
Find and copy the "Tool Provider Key" and "Tool Provider Secret" in SI Cloud.
Paste them into the "Key" and "Secret" fields (respectively) in Blackboard.
The "Tool Provider Key" field in Cloud should be pasted into the "Key" field in Blackboard. The "Tool Provider Secret" field in Cloud should be pasted into the "Secret" field in Blackboard.
If these inputs do not show up or are not fillable, please send your Blackboard Admin this article: Register SI Cloud as an LTI tool provider in Blackboard (Admin instructions).
6. In the "Custom Parameters" field, copy and paste the course hook from SI Cloud into Blackboard.
We always recommend you use the master course hook when possible. See Course Hook vs. Master Hook: Which is Best? for more information.
Find & copy the hook in SI Cloud:
You can find the course hook in the LTI Credentials section of SI Cloud. For help, see How to find the LTI Credentials for your course.
The course hook looks like this: course_hook=hol-mcourse-xxxxxxxx
Paste the hook into Blackboard:
7. Scroll down the page and ensure you have included all desired settings for your course.
The additional settings, which are not explicitly mentioned in this article, do not affect your integration and can be adjusted at your discretion.
8. Select "No" under "Enable Evaluation."
9. For "Open in a New Window," select "Yes." For "Permit Users to View this Content," Select "No."
Only select "No" next to "Permit Users to View this Content" for this Course Link. When you are setting up Lesson Links in the next article, you will select "Yes."
10. Select "Submit" at the bottom of the page to save changes. You will be brought back to the Blackboard Content page.
Selecting the link takes you to the Course Setup form in Cloud.
11. Complete the Course Setup form in Cloud
For instructions on completing this form, see "Complete the Course Setup page."