This checklist is intended for returning instructors who use LTI Integration in their courses. If you have not set up your integration yet, select your LMS for instructions: Canvas, Blackboard, D2L/Brightspace, Sakai, Moodle.
Welcome back to a new term! The team here at Science Interactive is excited to partner with you once again in providing students with a best-in-class distance laboratory experience. We've created this simple checklist to help make sure you and your students get off to an excellent start.
1. Copy your LMS Course & Complete LTI Set Up
The specifics for this step will depend on which type of LTI hooks were used when setting up your integration last term.
Select the option below that matches the type of hooks in your course. Not sure? See Does my course use master hooks or regular hooks?
Option A: My course was integrated using Master Course Hooks.
Since your course uses master course and lesson hooks, this process is very simple:
Copy your course in your LMS
- Instructions: Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, Sakai
Click on the course link to set up the corresponding section in SI Cloud
- Instructions: Complete Course Setup. You must have a user account in the SI Cloud to complete this step.
Option B: My course was integrated using regular Course Hooks.
Since your course was set up using regular course hooks, your account manager will let you know once your new section(s) in SI Cloud have been created and are ready for you to complete the steps below:
Copy your LMS Course
- Select your LMS for instructions: Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, Sakai
Locate and update the Course Hook in each of your new LMS sections so it matches your new Cloud section(s)
- Once the hook has been updated, make sure to click on the link and make sure it goes to the correct section in SI Cloud.
Locate and update all Lesson Hooks in your new LMS sections (as needed)
- If your course was set up using master lesson hooks, you do not need to complete this step
- If your course was set up using regular lesson hooks, you do need to complete this step
- Not sure? See Does my course use master hooks or regular hooks?
- How to find the LTI Credentials for your course
- Adding Course Hooks (select your LMS): Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, Moodle
- Adding Lesson Hooks (select your LMS): Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, Moodle
2. Review your new sections in Cloud
If you've elected to transfer them from last term, any instructor notes or custom gradebook settings you have should already be populated, but now is a great time to make any changes if you need to.
3. Update and share access and ordering instructions with your students.
Remember that if you are using LTI, your students do not use the enrollment URL that appears in the lesson settings page. Your school's LMS takes care of that!
Provide your students with this link: How Do I Access My Course through my LMS? to help them access the SI Cloud content.
Provide your students with the appropriate instruction link below to help them purchase their kits and/or access course content:
If your students will order their kits...
Provide them with these instructions
|Directly from Science Interactive
How Do I Order Through My LMS?
|Via vouchers purchased from your institution or bookstore
How Do I Redeem A Voucher?
|Directly from your bookstore/ institution
I Have My Kit, How Do I Access My Course?
4. Let the learning begin!
You should be all set for another great semester! If you need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to your distance learning specialist, who will be happy to provide you with resources and support.