This set of instructions will walk you through adding lesson hooks in your D2L/Brightspace course in order to enable grade transfer from SI Cloud. If you need help locating the LTI credentials for your course, please follow the steps in How do I find the LTI hooks for my course?
Make sure you have completed the steps in Adding Course Hooks in D2L/Brightspace before completing the steps below.
1. Navigate to the content section of your course and select "Add Existing Activities."
2. Select "External Learning Tools" from the drop-down.
3. Select "Manage External Learning Tools." Do not select "Create New LTI Link."
4. Select "New Link."
5. Add a title (ex: Getting Started). Add the Tool Provider URL. Check "Allow users to view this link."
6. Select the "Link key/secret" radio button. Paste the Tool Provider Key and Tool Provider Secret in the appropriate sections.
7. Select "Add customer parameters." A Save Changes window will pop up. Select "Save."
Please read Which hook is best? to help you decide which lesson hook you should use in your course.
8. Insert the Lesson hook information as shown.
Note: the hooks are displayed in SI as "lesson_hook=hol-mlesson-********." When performing this step, "lesson_hook" is placed in the name section. Everything after the "=" in the hook is placed in the value section (hol-mlesson-********).
9. Select all check boxes for the security settings. Select "Save" and "Close."
10. Navigate back to the content section of your course. Select "Add Existing Activities," then select "External Learning Tool" from the drop down. Select the link you created.
11. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the "External Learning Tool" link. This creates a link between D2L and SI Cloud.
Follow the same procedure in the previous article, Adding Course Hooks in D2L/Brightspace, to open as and external resource. Do not select the "eye" icon for the lessons.
12. Select the drop-down next to the new "External Learning Tool" link. Select "Edit Properties In-place."
13. The properties will expand in the content block. Select the checkbox to "Open as External Resource".
14. To add the lessons to the grade book select the lesson. In the assessment section select "Add a grade item..."
15. Fill in "New Grade Item" details as desired.
You can now add the rest of the individual lesson links.
If you would like to see how the SI Gradebook works please see How to use the SI Cloud Gradebook.