To add an external tool editing must be turned on. If you do not have editing permissions contact your LMS administrator for assistance. If you need help locating the LTI credentials, follow the steps in How to find the LTI hooks for your course article.
2. Once editing is turned on, select “+ Add an activity or resource.” Select “External tool” from the list of activities, then select the “Add” button.
3. Moodle will redirect to the external tool settings page. At the bottom of the “General” section select “Show more...”
4. The section will expand to show all sections that need to be filled out. For the first activity add the title “Science Interactive Course Hook." The “Secure tool URL”, “Consumer key," and “Shared secret” can be filled in with the LTI information from the SI Platform. Continue scrolling down the page.
If you need help locating the LTI credentials, follow the steps in How to find the LTI hooks for your course article.
5. Fill in the Custom parameters with the Course hook or the Master Course hook from the LTI information. All checkboxes in the privacy section must be selected. In the Common module settings change the setting from “Show on course page” to “Hide from students."
The Course hook link does not need to be shown to students but must be present in the course. Students will access the course through the lesson hooks.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and select the “Save and display” button.
8. For the Lesson hooks repeat steps 2-4. Fill in the Custom parameters with the corresponding lesson hook. Check the grade settings to ensure they meet the needs of the course. Check that the Common module settings are set to “Show on course page." Select the “Save and display” button.
If you would like to see how the SI Gradebook works please see How to use the SI Cloud Gradebook.