This article will help you determine whether your LTI integration was completed using master course and lesson hooks or using regular course and lesson hooks. This information is important to know when preparing for a new semester or when troubleshooting certain errors.
Checking Course Hooks
- Open the Course Link settings in your LMS.
- Find the "Custom Parameters" or "Custom Fields" section in the course link settings.
- If you see course_hook=hol-mcourse-XXXXXXXX, your course is built with a master course hook.
- If you see course_hook=hol-course-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, your course is built with a regular course hook.
Checking Lesson Hooks
- Open the Lesson Link settings in your LMS.
- Find the "Custom Parameters" or "Custom Fields" section in the Lesson link settings.
- If you see lesson_hook=hol-mlesson-XXXXXXXX, your course is built with master lesson hooks.
- In order to provide a more streamlined LTI experience, we have discontinued the use of regular lesson hooks, if you see lesson_hook=hol-lesson-XXXXXXXX, replace these with the master lesson hooks provided in your LTI credentials on the SI Cloud.